Enhanced Assignments allows for educators to continue to enrich and scaffold the learning experience for their students by providing structured guidance and additional sources for inspiration for each assignment.
Educators can now add rich text to their assignment descriptions, such as bullet points, numbering, Bold and Italics font and hyperlinks. Educators can also add media from various sources, streamlining the video creation process for their students.
To create an Enhanced Assignment:
1. Go to your Classes Tab and select the class you would like to make an assignment for. Click the blue Create Assignment button.
2. Complete assignment Basic Info: Name, Description, Assignment Type (Individual or Team), Date and Time due. When writing the description, you have options to add: rich text, Bold, Italics, numbering and bullet points into the body of the description.
3. To add rich text, highlight the part of the description you would like with rich text and click the hyperlink icon on the dashboard. That will lead you to a popup where the rich text link can be added. Click Save once completed.
4. To add assignment media, click Set Up Media Bin, where you can add media from the WeVideo stock library, upload from your computer, or record media on your screen and/or webcam. Click Done when completed. If you choose to delete media, click Delete All Media on the Basic Info Screen.
5. Save Draft as you write the assignment and click Publish if you are ready to share with your students. Please note that educators cannot edit the assignment type or update the attached media once the assignment is published.
Happy assignment creating from the WeVideo team!