Begin by navigating to the "Sync with Google" settings.
Select ADMIN in the Home tab. Only users with the Admin role can access the Admin tab to configure Google Sync.
Select Members in the Admin tab.
Select ADD MEMBERS in the Admin --> Members tab.
Choose the "Sync with Google" method to add members.
Step 1) Allow API access
To begin setup, you must provide WeVideo permission to access your Google organizational unit (OU) information.
To authorize API client access, access your Google Suite Admin console and paste the Client ID and API Scope into Security --> App access control --> Manage Domain Wide Delegation. You can also use this direct link to access those settings.
Step-by-step instructions on how to allow API access:
1. Navigate to your Google Suite Admin console and select "Security".
2. Select "App access control" at the bottom of the page.
3. Click "MANAGE DOMAIN WIDE DELEGATION".
4. Click "Add new" to paste the Client ID and API Scope.
5. Authorize the new client ID.
Your API permissions should then match the image below.
After this is completed, please wait about 5 minutes for the authorization to propagate. Once this brief waiting period is over, you should now be able to enter your Google Admin email address in the following step of this setup process to verify your domain.
Step 2) Verify your domains
Once you've allowed API access to your Googe Suite, enter the email address of any Google Suite admin account to validate permissions and pull information about your organizational units (OUs).
If you use secondary domains for accounts in your Google Suite, enter them as comma-separated domains in the second box of this step.
For example, if @wevideo.com is your domain, you may way want to add "@staff.wevideo.com, @students.wevideo.com" as secondary domains for your staff and students.
*Note - If you see an error message and are not able to continue to the next step, the API client permissions were not properly authorized in Step 1. Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance.
Step 3) Select OUs to sync
Once you have successfully verified your domain, select the OUs that you would like to sync with your WeVideo organization. You can use the available search function to find a specific OU or sub-OU.
Step 4) Assign roles
Once you have selected the OUs you would like to sync, choose the roles that you would like members of each OU to be assigned upon joining your organization. By default, all members will be assigned the "Student" role and will be subject to the permission settings of that role.
To assign roles for multiple OUs simultaneously, you can use the checkboxes to bulk-select OUs and select from the options next to "Change role to".
Step 5) Choose preferences for handling automatic updates
WeVideo dynamically updates your selected OUs via Google Suite push notifications. Choose how members in your WeVideo organization should reflect the updates provided by your Google Suite.
As a point of clarification for removing users, un-selecting the OU in G-Suite does not automatically remove those users from WeVideo. For users to be removed in WeVideo, their accounts in G-Suite will need to deleted, suspended, or moved into an OU that is not selected to sync.
Below are details about how to handle automatic updates based on Google Suite push notifications.
When users are added to my synced OUs in Google Suite, WeVideo should:
- Defer WeVideo account creation to first login: This is the default option. Members of your selected OU's will only consume a license and be added into your WeVideo organization after signing in using the Google single sign-on (SSO) method at https://www.wevideo.com/sign-in.
- Create WeVideo accounts for users immediately: Whenever new accounts are added into an OU that is selected to sync, WeVideo will automatically create their user accounts in WeVideo and add them into your organization to consume a license.
When users are deleted/suspended/moved from my synced OUs in Google Suite, WeVideo should:
- Keep user accounts: This is the default option. There are effectively no changes made to the user accounts.
- Permanently delete user accounts and their exports: Their account is permanently deleted, including all projects, exports, and edits.
- Permanently delete user accounts and keep a copy of their exports for admins: Their account is permanently deleted, including all projects, exports, and edits. However, a copy of their previous exports will be saved to the Admin account.
- Convert Users to individual free accounts: The user is removed from your multi-user WeVideo account and moved to an individual free account where they can continue to edit their projects and retain all of their exports.
- Convert users to individual free accounts and keep a copy of their exports for admins: The user is removed from your multi-user WeVideo account and moved to an individual free account where they can continue to edit their projects and retain all of their exports. In addition, the admin will retain access to all exports created before the conversion.
Step 6) (optional) Receive weekly updates
If you opt-in to receive updates, WeVideo will send you weekly updates on the number of users joining and leaving your organization.
If you have any questions about configuring the Google Sync integration, please contact email@example.com for further assistance.